12 November 2012

FO: another Scout woven tee

How many times will you make a pattern before you've had enough?

I've made three Tovas (and another coming soon!), more than three Wiksten tanks (I haven't shown the fourth on the blog) and five variations of Sorbetto (again, not all blogged). And I'll happily make more of all of these now that I've got the fit right and I know that they work for me.

And I think I'll add the Scout Woven Tee to that list. Here's my third:
scout woven tee

I went for the 3/4 sleeve variation again - this time adding another inch to the sleeve length. Apart from that, it was the same as before.

I had intended to add a collar, but forgot to adjust the neckline seam allowance before I cut the pieces, and in hind sight, I think the collar wouldn't have worked so well with this print. Next time ...

scout woven tee

This version is made with brushed cotton. Brushed cotton always reminds me of pyjamas, so I was worried that this might end up looking a bit nightwear-y. But it doesn't. It does, however, harness the best qualities of PJs: it's warm, comfy and so so snuggly. It's a little less drapey than the red one I made, but still drapey enough: I definitely wouldn't want to use anything much heavier than this.

Scout woven tee

This is how I wore it to work last week (I'm not ready to give up the boot-cut jean, I don't care what fashion says). I think it will also look good with a straightish skirt (Moss mini, coming up soon!).

The colour is all over the place in these photos due to the poor autumnal lighting. And since Boris the laptop is still off sick, I'm blogging from the iPad (with photo-editing software that I can't quite use!). The above photo is closest to what the true colour is.

So here are the sums:

1.5m brushed cotton from Fabrics Galore - £12
Grainline Scout Woven Tee pattern - £0 (already own it)
Thread from stash

Total: £12
 
And will I make this pattern again? Ab-sew-lutely (see what I did there? yak yak). I might take a break from it for a while, but there will be more of these in spring.

Back soon with another FO!

x

10 comments:

  1. Wait! I thought bootcut jeans were back in? Are they out again already? Never mind - I was still wearing a pair from about 1999 anyway. Lovely top! But don't you find the 3/4 sleeves a pain if you want to put a cardigan on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't keep up! My sister, who apparently "knows fashion" told me they were so last century. I don't care.

      I haven't found the 3/4 sleeve too much trouble - I usually wear 3/4 sleeve cardigans too, so perhaps that's why ...

      Delete
  2. This looks super comfy and not in a PJ type of way!And I say own the bootcut- they're always flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! and yes, I agree - the bootcut definitely suits me more than skinnies!

      Delete
  3. Ah brushed cotton is my friend! That looks so cosy and the sleeves are just the right length to look stylish rather than just "sleeves", if you know what I mean. More! More! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hoorah! just the kind of enthusiasm we need around here! :)

      Delete
  4. You've really cracked that pattern! And good seasonal adjustments too.

    Never mind what 'fashion' says, the bootcut jean is flattering for tall people because it balances out our shape, apparently :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great version, I love how the simple design lets your fabric choices sing. I'm sewing up my own Scout #3 at the moment as well! It's such a great pattern for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your Scout's so much that I'm mkaing my own brushed cotton version this weekend! Thanks for the inspration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute! I like the long sleeves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my little blog.